Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grateful

Studio Update


Things are moving along, and on top of rescuing yet two more dogs (it rains, it pours!!) I feel good about the big picture. The studio is shaping up and the class studio floors are being put in this coming week.
I will digress here for a moment to express gratitude… my brother, Gary. He has really stepped up to the plate. Yes, I am paying him for his work, but I couldn’t have asked for a better dream Contractor. He shows up when he says he will, he is organized and cleans up at the end of each day. He remembers every detail. And when putting up that half-wall partition (which was an octagonal B! +@#,) I said it didn’t have to be perfect. He firmly replied, “Yes, Ashley, it does. That is how I do things.” The list goes on, but you get the picture.

Anyway, this process got me to thinking about why I moved back home after living in California the last 15 years. I moved back for several reasons: I wanted to buy a house and work for myself, I wanted to rescue dogs, I wanted to be with my long-term friends (side note: God, I love CA, but it’s very transient!) and I wanted to be close to my family, to try and connect with them and bring us together as a family. After five years, I can honestly say, I have met my goals. I have the home and a wonderful clientele. I have my rescue (Oh, and Universe? You can ease up in that area… how ‘bout a spay/neuter law??) I have developed some strong bonds with people here in just 5 years; people who have been there for me on many levels. So with my brother Gary, helping me build my studio (with perfection!) and my mother and stepfather, Earl giving me support as well, I have to say, I am grateful. I am blessed.

Can I mention some more? I am blessed to have some awesome folks who will be teaching in the studio. Carol Britton. She is an incredible teacher. I overhear her with her clients and she is Johnny-on-the-spot with her clients. And she works. Them. HARD. Carol is also responsible for finding this new space in Richland Mall. So all you old-timers can thank her later for this as the expansion gives us so much more variety.
Jessica Trotter Shand. I don’t know her very well, but I picked up that “Good People” vibe from the moment I met her and I’ve only heard great things from other folks. She has this calm, gentle manner about her. Now, Carol and I tend to be pistols, so Jessica will be a nice balance, especially with that Yoga stuff!
Rikki Donahue will also be teaching Yoga. I met Rikki at our yoga teacher training several years ago. Rikki is VERY passionate about Yoga. She volunteers at the women’s prison and is so committed to her practice and to her teaching.

Okay! I’m done. I feel good about the studio and the people in my life. Oh! And thanks to my demo class Barre Dynamics people for coming out today and for your feedback as well.
Interested in being in a demo class? Text me. Call me. Email me.
Interested in two cute, fluffy doggies? CALL ME.

PS) One more thing… I have the BEST neighbors in the world!! Studio bathroom painted, courtesy of Kristy Mills Woodward.

No comments:

Post a Comment